20+ ways to add Boho style to any room
Hello there friends! Today I am going to share 20+ ways to add Boho Style to any room. I will also be sharing some fun and easy budget friendly diy and craft ideas. What exactly does Boho mean? Boho is short for bohemian, and typifies a style of dress inspired by the lifestyle of free spirits and hippies of the 1960’s and 1970’s, and even the pre-Raphaelite women of the late 19th century A person who is socially unconventional in a way regarded as characteristic of creative artists, a bohemian. Boho is fast on trend for 2020. Bring out the baskets folks, they are back.
Considering we added a touch of Boho style to our condo, we obviously love the style. It’s fun, flirty, colorful, happy and not so perfect. Not to mention it can be very affordable to most. There is not an exact science to the Boho style. Boho style is for all ages and walks of life. It’s certainly not conventional.
It truly is an eclectic mix of colors, textures and styles that somehow all come together. I think that is what I love most about it. It’s a free spirit kind of world and this style reflects same. There are no rules, so no worries about breaking the “decorating rules”.
Go with your own personaltiy and it will truly reflect. Make your room cozy, warm and a fun place for you, family and friends to be.
Let’s start with basics of how to add Boho style to any room
- Add lots of plants. The only reason we do not add a lot of plants is because we aren’t at the condo full time to care for them. I did however, purchase some that don’t need a constant tending to.
- Add Macrame. Whether it be a hanging planter, a wall piece, table runner, or light/candle fixture. This is a must to the Boho look.
- Warm and metallic colors are best. Gold, silver, brass and bronze.
- Mix and match lush fabrics. Fuzzy, sheer, and cotton blends all work.
- Sheer , flowy curtains for the windows and wall tapestry, over beds or on a main focal wall.
- One simple bright colored piece a furniture is all the room needs for that POP to get it going.
- Going to thrift store, consignment shops, and estates sales for a piece or two of vintage. Could be a photo, a chair, end table, etc.
- Stacking and decorating books could be the easiest. You could stack them has high, low or in between. Adding to bookshelves in a creative way is also visually pleasing to the eye. And don’t forget a succulent or two.
- Fun floor pillows not only add comfort, but style. Our pug Lucy loves her floor pillow at the condo.
- A deep dark color on the walls could be your starting point. Purple,Green and red hues are popular. We however, choice to go light on our walls given the space size. Light walls are best and color can be brought in all around.
- Baskets hanging on walls is HUGE right now, woven bags, blankets and fuzzy fun pillows. Hit up your local Goodwill and see what baskets you can score today.
- Cultural pieces, such as wood elephant, giraffe, and birds
- Turkish, or Persian rugs. They can be pricey, therefore we went the more traditional route. Found fun florals, and neutrals to mix and match.
- Mixing leather, upholstery and vinyl goes together like love and marriage.
- Gallery walls, that reflect ALL things you love. Mix, and don’t worry about the match
- Gypsy Bohemian Strand Curtains and swags. You can make your own even from Goodwill sheets, and fabrics you may find on clearance bins
- Sun catchers, moon and stars
- Wicker and woven lampshades
- Moroccan lanterns
- Woven wall baskets
Taking a simple lampshade and using fabric swatches of different patterns simple, yet a great touch. Find our Boho guest bedroom HERE
As mentioned,adding Macrame to any space also sets the tone.
Boho Modern Kitchen decorating HERE
Condo before and After remodel HERE
Even mixing a touch of new along with the old works. For example, we found these chairs first on Craigslist, and then found the table on Amazon.
A mix of Mid Century Modern, with Boho style totally works. Vintage green chairs, kidney shape coffee table, all found at thrift stores.
Our most recent addition is this gorgeous, and so easy to assemble display shelf. We have all these lovely gifted and passed down tea sets that were just begging to be seen.
Making your own custom art too is simple. Doilies on Canvas Boho Art HERE
Making simple crafts per season is also very fun and rewarding, not to mention easy on your pocket book. Find my BOHO pumpkin art HERE.
I even made a few Christmas crafts with a BOHO flair HERE
Adding a touch of pattern and texture to a plain lampshade HERE
Featured Amazon products featured in this post: Debbie Manno (Debbiedoo’s) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to (Debbiedoo’s) (amazon.com).
And here’s me the Boho chick want to be HA! Find these cute neck scarves HERE
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you found this post and resources helpful. Now go have some creating the most unique space, that no is ever the same in this style.
Now that’s creative your style boho.
Wow going to try them