Hey there everyone!
Time to start sharing a skinny recipe here and there. Seems for a while I been sharing lots of tasty calorie filled desserts.
I have shared some weight watchers Pumpkin muffins before and I can’t wait til Fall to make those again.
Today I am sharing how to make a skinny banana cookie.
Now keep in mind I did add just a smidge more calories but nothing to speak of, imo:)
Plus I think coconut is good for you, so I added some of that as well.
This recipe somewhat reminded me of a breakfast bar. I did have two for breakfast and they satisfied me all day.
Not sure what the boys will think and I guess when they get home from school they will let me know.
They may say yay or nay. I will not tell them that it is healthy cookie.
Sometimes if that is noted they automatically think it will be bad if you know what I mean!
They both like bananas and so does Mike so it may go over well.
How about the recipe now.
Enjoy! these are super duper easy.
Update since I wrote this post and baked them. They were gone the first day. The family said they were more like a breakfast cookie than a sweet bad for you cookie. I would agree. If you are counting calories and just want to take the edge off, these will do the trick!
Skinny banana cookies
- 3 ripened almost brown banana's
- 2 cups of quick oats
- Chocolate chips optional
- Coconut optional
- Pecans optional
- In a large bowl add two cups of quick oats. I used organic because I wanted them super healthy.
- Add three banana's that are super ripened almost brown and broken in half
- Mash them up with the oats a fork will do, until oats are completely mixed. You will be surprised at how well that works out.
- Add your optional ingredients, I just used a sprinkling of chocolate chips and coconut and topped each cookie with a pecan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- They come out somewhat soft and chewy.
- Like I said reminds me of a breakfast bar consistency.