Discover the timeless charm and versatility of Benjamin Moore Bavarian Cream, a warm off-white paint color that has become a favorite in interior design. In this article, we delve into the origins, characteristics, and various applications of this classic shade, revealing how it continues to captivate homeowners and designers alike.
Founded in 1883, Benjamin Moore is a leading paint company that has consistently delivered high-quality products to its customers. Among its most popular paint colors is the timeless and versatile Bavarian Cream. This article explores the origins of Bavarian Cream, its characteristics, popular uses in interior design, complementary colors and design elements, and tips for choosing the right paint finish.
The history of Bavarian Cream as a paint color dates back to the early 20th century. Its name is inspired by the delicious European dessert, Bavarian cream, a creamy, pale yellow custard. Benjamin Moore played a significant role in popularizing this paint color by offering it in their extensive color palette.
Bavarian Cream is a warm, creamy off-white color with a subtle hint of yellow. It exudes feelings of comfort, warmth, and tranquility, making it an ideal choice for various spaces in a home. The color’s versatility and adaptability allow it to work well with a wide range of design styles and color schemes. Find out more interesting facts about Benjamin Moore paints.
Popular uses of Benjamin Moore Bavarian Cream in interior design
The versatility of Bavarian Cream makes it suitable for various rooms in a home, including:
- Living room: Bavarian Cream creates a cozy and inviting atmosphere, perfect for socializing and relaxing.
- Bedroom: The color’s calming effect makes it ideal for creating a restful and soothing environment.
- Kitchen: Bavarian Cream can brighten up kitchens, making them feel clean and fresh.
- Bathroom: The color adds a touch of warmth and sophistication to bathrooms.
- Home office: Bavarian Cream creates a serene workspace that promotes focus and productivity.
Complementary Colors and Design Elements
Benjamin Moore Bavarian Cream works well with various color schemes and design styles, including:
Coordinating color schemes
- Neutrals: Pair Bavarian Cream with shades of beige, gray, or white for a clean and classic look. For example, when pairing Bavarian Cream with other paint colors from Benjamin Moore, consider Man on the Moon, Halo, Hawthorne Green, and Blue Nova.
- Earth tones: Complement the warmth of Bavarian Cream with rich browns, greens, and blues.
- Bold and vibrant colors: Use Bavarian Cream as a backdrop to showcase bold accent colors like navy, burgundy, or emerald green.
- Traditional: Bavarian Cream adds warmth and elegance to traditional spaces with rich wood furniture and classic patterns.
- Contemporary: The color’s adaptability allows it to work well with sleek lines and modern furnishings.
- Farmhouse: Benjamin Moore Bavarian Cream pairs perfectly with rustic elements and natural materials found in farmhouse-style homes.
- Minimalist: The color’s simplicity and warmth create a soothing backdrop for minimalist spaces.
Accent pieces and accessories
- Furniture: Choose pieces with warm wood tones or metal accents to complement Bavarian Cream walls.
- Textiles: Add texture and interest with rugs, curtains, and throw pillows in coordinating colors.
- Lighting: Warm, ambient lighting enhances the coziness of Bavarian Cream-colored spaces.
- Artwork: Select pieces with colors and themes that complement the overall design style of the room.
To get the best results with Benjamin Moore Bavarian Cream, consider a finish that suits your needs, such as matte for a low-sheen look or semi-gloss for added durability. Apply paint samples to various walls in the room to see how the color changes with natural and artificial light.