I had no intentions what-so-ever of making a dump cake today. However, when I opened our pantry to figure out what’s for dinner, the yellow cake mix and pineapple jumped out at me. Today I am sharing a toasted coconut pineapple dump cake.
Now, if you are a regular here, you may be familiar with my dump cake obsession. You may also recall back a few years ago I made an angel food pineapple cake that was pretty good but that cake is a hit or miss with angel food. I have found it not to be that consistent in texture. Although, the flavor is still amazing, it just doesn’t hold a candle to dump cakes.
Same went for the family:)
I absolutely LOVED the toasted coconut on this version.
As always with all these dump cakes I do not recommend turning them over if using a bundt pan. This are more like scooper cakes. Although, this one did cut up nicely and a little more neater than usual.
Pin it and make it later.
Thanks for stopping over today. If you are not a regular, I sure would love to have you back again.
I not only share quick and easy recipes, I also share
DIY crafts, Home tours, and Dollar tree budget friendly ideas.
I will leave you those galleries so you can go over and browse a few.
Here is the recipe for this amazing pineapple coconut dump cake
Toasted coconut-pineapple dump cake
- 1 box of yellow cake mix.I use Duncan Hines
- 2 cans of 20 oz. crushed pineapple
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. You can also use a 13 x 9 cake pan.
- Layer a can and half of the crushed pineapple on the bottom of the pan. I did not use the entire two cans. I thought that was too much. Sprinkle yellow cake mix on top. Cut up a stick of butter pats and layer on top of cake. Sprinkle coconut on top.
- Bake approx. 40 minutes or until coconut is toasty. It will be done. Ovens vary in temp so keep an eye on it. You can poke it with a tooth pick to see if it is cooked through. Let cool for 30 minutes or so and serve. Serve with ice cream or cool whip:) Enjoy!