Hi there everyone!~
Please give a warm welcome to
Ann will be sharing a delicious recipe here once a month and it surely will tickle your palate.
I just drool over her recipes, and I know for certain if we lived closer, I would be a few pounds heavier.
Ann and I met some time ago,
in fact it was at the start of my newbie party a few years back.
She was new to blogging and stumbled across my blog, and was one of the weekly newbies participants that never missed joining in.
Needless to say we have been friends ever since and I find Ann to be a pleasure, and full of artist talents.
She can sew too,
I can’t..hence, she is my hero:)
Now onto the recipe and at the end I will leave you with her Etsy and blog link for you to check out some more.
One of the best things about the month of May is that here in the Midwest, it’s strawberry season.
There is nothing better than fresh, homegrown strawberries. Combine them with cream cheese and all I can say is YUMMO! This recipe for Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins is simple and packed full of flavor.
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 2 T. butter softened
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 qt. strawberries, cleaned and diced
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 T. beaten egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare muffin pan.
- For the topping: combine first four ingredients with a fork. Set aside.
- For the muffins: In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine the egg, oil, milk and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the egg mixture in the well. Stir just until mixed.
- For the cream cheese mixture: In the bowl of a standing mixer combine cream cheese and sugar until fluffy (2 minutes.)
- Add the egg and vanilla until mixed well.
- Fill each muffin cup with a scoop of muffin batter.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into a gallon size ziploc bag. Smoosh into a corner and snip the end. Squirt cream cheese mixture into center of muffin batter.
- Top each muffin with strawberries and streusel mixture.
- Bake 20 – 25 min. until a pick inserted in the middle comes out clean..
The original recipe I found gave instructions for layering the muffin batter, cream cheese, strawberries and topping. I thought that was a lot of trouble so I simplified the process by just squirting the cream cheese right into the batter.
I shared this batch of muffins with my neighbor and my daughter. I got a thumbs up from both of them!
I’d like to thank Debbie for having me as her guest today.
She was one of the first bloggers I “met” when I started my blog.
She has been a constant source of encouragement, inspiration and is a blast to have as a friend.
I’ll be back next month with another recipe to share with you. Until then, enjoy those strawberries!
If you are looking for more inspiration check out these 5 easy quick breads…
See what I mean, are you drooling yet?
Thank you so much Ann…
now go on over and check out more of her awesome inspiration