I also added fresh lemon juice. When I mixed up my dough it was a little dry. The lemon juice really brightened the taste and took care of the dry dough.
Lemon snowball cookies
Lemon snowball cookies
- 1 c. butter
- ¼ t. salt omit if using salted butter
- 1 c. powdered sugar - divided
- 2 t. fresh grated lemon peel
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In mixing bowl beat butter and salt (if using) until fluffy.
- Mix in ½ c. powdered sugar and lemon peel.
- Add the flour, mixing until well combined.
- If dough is a bit dry, quarter your lemon and squeeze juice of one quarter into dough.
- Form into 1 in. balls or drop onto cookie sheet with teaspoon cookie scoop.
- Bake 12 minutes. Cookies should be very light brown on the bottom.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 min. after removing from oven.
- Move cookies to a piece of newspaper.
- Put remaining ½ c. powdered sugar in a flour sifter and generously sprinkle on slightly warm cookies.
- Let cool. Sprinkle with edible glitter or sanding sugar if desired.
These little cookies are super simple to make and delicious with coffee or a glass of milk. I’ve said this before on my own blog, but I’ve been known to eat dessert for breakfast.
You may enjoy Debbiedoo’s all things LEMON post HERE. Everything from home decor, recipes, wreaths and more.
These would make an awesome breakfast too! Here is my Citrus Dessert collection if you would like to browse around.
I’d also love for you all to follow me over on Pinterest. I post recipes at least once a week. I try to only share dishes that are easy, use basic ingredients already in your pantry, and quick. Once in awhile I will throw in something to challenge you but not very often! All my recipes can be found on my Pinterest board, Recipes by OSP.
Thanks to Debbie for having me over!
Yvonne @ StoneGable
When I saw the pictures I immediately knew it was Ann’s recipe! I adore these lemony, shortbreads! Wonderful and easy! Thanks Debbie and Ann
oh Ann~! thanks… my daughter loves anything lemon and I have all the ingredients for these..
she’ll love them and you. lol
I need these in my life immediately! Wow, they look so light and refreshing.
I love lemon, I also love recipes with very little ingredients. I would love to make these:)
I’ve been in a lemon mood lately, so this is perfect timing. Love that there are only a few ingredients. Pinning!
My husband loves a lemony taste. These look like they would taste so light and airy too. I would try them.
This looks like a Great one to add to my recipes!!
Thanks for sharing one of our recipes! This is a lemony favorite for our guests at the Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast here in Manitou Springs. Your pictures are lovely.
I added an extra teaspoon of lemon zest – and don’t be afraid of the lemon juice… it won’t make it too sticky. For me, one batch made about 48 (4 dozen) one inch snowballs. Super pretty, very tasty and ridiculously easy. Thank you so much!!