Italian sausage wedding soup in the Instant Pot.
Truth be told, I’m addicted to this pot. I am thankful it is legal and not killing my brain cells!
No offense to any pot smokers, but I like what’s left of my brain even if it is forgetful these days. Today, I am sharing Italian sausage wedding soup in the Instant pot.
This was a lot of fun to make because my husband is learning the pot right along with me. Soon I think he too will be addicted. You know what they say about peer pressure these days.
My husband was the chopper, and I sliced up the meat. If you caught us live on facebook you would see I clearly never used a huge butcher knife that my husband handed me.
A little intimidating indeed.
The soup was simply delicious. I have not made a bad meal in my new pot. Never say never though, it is me using it so I am bound to mess up sooner or later.
You can make this same recipe stove top or crock pot. Your times will vary of course, and I am not certain on that detail.
Here is the instant pot recipe.
Head on over to Home Pressure Cooking for more delicious simple Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi recipes:)
Italian sausage wedding soup in the Instant Pot
- 1 Can of Crushed tomatoes
- 1 box of Chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- mini bow tie pasta or pastina
- Fresh parmigane cheese
- 1 package Sweet Italian chicken sausage
- 1 bunch green onion finely chopped
- First chop your carrots, celery, green onion and sausage. Sausage should be in bite size pieces. On the bottom of your pressure cooker lightly drizzle olive oil. Saute sausage until golden brown. Set pressure cooker to manual and add in your chicken stock, diced tomatoes and seasonings. Turn pot on soup option. When complete let NR. You can then add in your pasta. I would recommend only half the box (½) pound. Turn your pot on manual mode, close lid and set to 4 minutes. Let NR. Put in bowl, top with cheese, and ENJOY.