Slutty brownies might seem like a strange name for a brownie, but they sure are delicious. Made with a combination of cookie, brownie, and Oreo, you can’t go wrong when you make these for your next function, or just to enjoy at home.
Why Are They Called Slutty Brownies?
The story of the slutty brownie name isn’t as exciting as you would think, but there are a couple of reasons they are named this way.
The brownies were named this way because of a blogger who took someone else’s recipe and decided to rename it so that it would go viral.
It’s a much shorter version of the original name, Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n’ Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar which is difficult to remember.
In addition, another blogger insists the brownies are named that way because “a lot goes into them”.
Different Types of Brownies
Did you know not all brownies are created equal? There are actually three different types which are outlined below.
- Cakey – Cakey brownies are lighter and airier than other types, having a consistency more like cake and less like fudge.
- Fudgy – Fudgy brownies are the ones that you pick up and get chocolate all over your fingers. These brownies are dense, more like the texture of fudge, but not quite all the way there.
- Chewy – Chewy brownies are most similar to fudge brownies but with a little less melt-in-your-mouth action. Rather you find yourself chewing a bit, but in a pleasant way.
Ways to Add a Little Something to Brownies
Just because you don’t have all the ingredients to make slutty brownies doesn’t mean you can’t jazz up a box of store-bought brownie mix.
Here are some toppings you can easily add to your brownies to make them better.
- Add pieces of your favorite candy bar to the mix
- Add chocolate chips to the batter
- Put chocolate chips on top of your brownies after they are out of the oven but before they cool
- Add marshmallows to the brownie batter
- Add nuts to the batter
- Frost your brownies
- Add fruit as a topping for your brownies
- Crush peppermints into the batter for a holiday flair
- Frost with peanut butter
Don’t be afraid to mix and match these suggestions, after all, these brownies are your creation.
Slutty Brownies Ingredients:
- Cookie dough
- Brownie mix
- Any ingredients required for the brownie mix (i.e. oil or eggs)
Step-By-Step Instructions on How to Make Slutty Brownies
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
Preheat your oven to the temperature on the brownie box. Grease the pan you plan to use.
Step 2: Cookie Dough
After the pan is greased, make an even layer of cookie dough on the bottom of the pan.
Step 3: Oreos
Place the whole Oreos on top of the cookie dough in a layer.
Step 4: Make Brownie Mix
Follow the directions on the box to prepare your brownie batter.
Step 5: Pour the Brownie Batter
Pour the brownie batter on top of the Oreos and cookie dough.
Step 6: Bake
Bake your creation for the amount of time specified on the brownie box or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool for a moment after you pull them out of the oven, but they are ready to eat!
Expert Tips and Variations
- You can use any brownie mix with this recipe, so don’t be afraid to switch it up to a more fudgy or cakier brownie
- Make sure you don’t over-mix the brownie batter otherwise your brownies will be dry
- It’s better to slightly underbake brownies than to overbake them. So when in doubt, pull them out of the oven.
How to Serve Slutty Brownies
Slutty brownies are best served warm. You can enjoy them by themselves, or a la mode with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How to Store Slutty Brownies
Keep your brownies fresh by storing them in an airtight container in the fridge. Your slutty brownies will stay good this way for 4-5 days.
If you want more cakey brownies, butter is recommended. The butter will make the batter lighter and fluffier. For fudgier brownies, always use oil instead of butter.
Fudgy brownies have more fat in them than flour and also don’t contain baking powder—two elements that keep them fudgy. When using a box mix of brownies, there is little to do to change this besides ensuring you purchase the type of brownie mix you desire.
Brownies do best when they are cooked in the middle of your oven, so take a moment to switch the rack around to the middle to get your perfect brownies.
Slutty brownies: Conclusion
Overall, there is nothing quite like biting into one of your freshly baked slutty brownies at your next event or simply a dessert night in. They are so easy to make too.
Just be careful to keep them away from friends and family who might be on a diet. Otherwise, they won’t be able to resist and will be pretty mad you brough slutty brownies to the party.
How to make slutty brownies
- Cookie dough oreos, brownie mix of choice.
- Grease bottom of 9×11 casserole dish. First layer with cookie dough evenly. Top with whole oreo cookies. Mix brownie mix according to box directions and pour over oreos and cookie dough. Bake according to the box directions. Time may vary and just be sure to check with a toothpick if brownies are cooked enough. They can be somewhat gooey. Best served warm.