Hello chicken lovers!
Today I am sharing a delicious honey balsamic chicken recipe.
I’m not sure about you, but I am all TURKEY-FIED out…
Turkey & gravy.
Turkey & gravy again over biscuits.
I mean, come on now…
enough of the turkey Mom!!
What’s the next best thing to turkey?
Well of course…
“Honey Balsamic Chicken”!
I found the original recipe on “Budget Bytes“.
I changed a couple things like butter to olive oil, and I used garlic balsamic vinegar instead.
I also served it over rice.
My husband usually doesn’t like sweet dishes.
This one has a tang, so he loved it.
Look how delicious the pan of chicken became…
I was pretty impressed with myself 🙂
The vinegar & honey really make a beautiful sauce.
You will not be disappointed.
I hope you will try my “Honey Balsamic Chicken” recipe soon.
Before I go do Debbie’s dishes,
I wanted to tell you to be on the look out for a new series on redheadcandecorate.com.
It will begin in January, and will be featuring not only my recipes, but other blog recipes too.
I’m so excited!
I’ll be back here at Debbiedoo’s right after Christmas with some fun New Year’s Eve appetizer ideas ~
Honey Balsamic chicken
- 1-2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts cut into medium size pieces see above
- ¼ cup garlic balsamic vinegar regular balsamic is fine
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- s & p
Marinate chicken for 1-3 hours in a plastic bag first with the above ingredients. After the marinating you will need
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons garlic balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- After you have marinated the chicken for at least an hour, pour 1 tablespoon olive oil in pan set on medium.
- Place just the chicken pieces in the pan.
- Brown the chicken on both sides. It won't take long.
- Set chicken on plate.
- Turn heat down a little.
- Add last tablespoon of olive oil to pan, along with the the last 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Dissolve all of the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the honey and turn up heat to reduce the sauce a little.
- Add s & p to taste, and add the chicken.
- *broccoli and/or mushrooms would go perfect
- *serve over hot steamed rice, or pasta if you like that better like me 🙂
- *garnish with parsley
Amy @ Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
Yes, please! I’ll be trying this for sure!
YUMMY!! Can’t wait to try this!
Yvonne @ StoneGable
YUMMY! I adore anything “balsamic”.
Me too Yvonne!!
Ricki Jill Treleaven
Yummy!!! I look forward to cooking this for my family. Thanks for sharing. Pinned it!
Oh Yum!! And, I have everything in my pantry!!! Thank you!!!~~Ang
Jane's Adventures in Dinner
Looks so yummy! I even have everything in the house for it already-yay!
Hello dear Julie, I met your blog and I enjoyed it very wonderful recipes, it’s beautiful and gay. I live in Brazil. You know Brazil?
Thank you gabi!