Happy day to you all!
What a glorious weekend we had here in the Carolina’s! The weather was perfection for a change. These past few months and weeks we have had nothing but rain on the weekend.
Back to happy sunshine. Today I am sharing a delicious how to make German potato salad.
My husband whipped this up for our Sunday meal.
We have never made it, but I can tell you we certainly will again.
It was so easy and so tasty.
Served up with a charcoal dog was a perfect combination.
I suppose you want the recipe instead of me teasing you with the pictures.
Hope you enjoy the recipe on how to make German potato salad. Let me know if you try it.
Check out my All things Recipes while you are here. I make simple family friendly meals, sweets and treats!
Pin and make later:)
German Potato salad
- Red or white potatoes 5large or8 small.
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup of white wine vinegar
- ½ cup of chopped green onions
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Reserve bacon fat.
- Add the flour, sugar, water and vinegar to skillet and cook in reserved bacon fat over medium heat until dressing is thick.
- Add bacon, potatoes and green onions to skillet and stir until coated. Cook until heated and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Ah this looks amazing! This is totally my kind of meal too. Green onions add such a great taste…can’t wait to try this!
This looks perfect for a summer side dish! I like the square plates too–much better than the plain paper plates we usually use. Pinned! 🙂
Debbie you have such an amazing blog. I just started a new blog Anne’s Attic and – Design. I hope that you will take the time to check it out. I have a long ways to go before it can come any where near yours. Let me know what you think. I would love it if you would follow it! Thanx XX
hi Joann, I would love to visit. However, when I hit your name it has an oops not found. Let me know the html and I will head over. Thanks.
Just subscribed! Just discovered your fabulous site! Actually home trying to recover from infection from a bite from Brown Recluse Spider. Watch out for these – everyone be careful. I look forward to exploring everything in your archives. Thank you.
Oh my take care of yourself! Thanks for being here.
Pinky at Designs by Pinky
I LOVE German potato salad so will try your recipe! Thanks, Debbie!
That sounds sooo good. Like the idea that it has no mayo! That’s my kind of meal – potato salad and a hot dog!
YEP, goes perfect together Amy!
Debbie doos recipes are so delectable. I can’t wait to try this kind of potato salad at home. Thanks for sharing.