Happy day to you all!
What a glorious weekend we had here in the Carolina’s! The weather was perfection for a change. These past few months and weeks we have had nothing but rain on the weekend.
Back to happy sunshine. Today I am sharing a delicious how to make German potato salad.
My husband whipped this up for our Sunday meal.
We have never made it, but I can tell you we certainly will again.
It was so easy and so tasty.
Served up with a charcoal dog was a perfect combination.
I suppose you want the recipe instead of me teasing you with the pictures.
Hope you enjoy the recipe on how to make German potato salad. Let me know if you try it.
Check out my All things Recipes while you are here. I make simple family friendly meals, sweets and treats!
Pin and make later:)
German Potato salad
- Red or white potatoes 5large or8 small.
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup of white wine vinegar
- ½ cup of chopped green onions
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Reserve bacon fat.
- Add the flour, sugar, water and vinegar to skillet and cook in reserved bacon fat over medium heat until dressing is thick.
- Add bacon, potatoes and green onions to skillet and stir until coated. Cook until heated and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.